Last updated: 08 August, 2016
ContentUser acknowledges and agrees that:
User further acknowledges and agrees that CoolTool does not control the Content originating from User, respondents to User’s survey, or other users of the Site or the Services, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, CoolTool may review all Content and may block, modify, terminate access to, or remove any such Content that CoolTool determines, in its sole discretion, does not comply with any of the requirements of these Terms, but CoolTool is not obligated to do so.CoolTool reserves the right to purge Content from its databases at any time and from time to time without notice. User acknowledges and agrees that User is solely responsible for backing up any Content uploaded to the Site by User or received by User through the use of the Services. CoolTool shall not be liable for any purging, deletion, or failure to retain any such Content.CoolTool may disable User’s account and User’s access to use the Site and/or the Services and may recover from User any losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred by using CoolTool resulting from or arising out of User’s non-compliance with these Terms.
- all survey questions, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, images, video, survey responses, messages or other materials communicated or transmitted using the Site or the Services (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated;
- User, and not CoolTool, is responsible for all Content that User uploads, posts, emails, distributes, communicates, transmits, or otherwise makes available using the Services or that is otherwise made available through the use of User’s account (if User has one), whether or not authorized by User
- by using the Site and the Services, User may be exposed to Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, indecent, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
CoolTool FeesWhen a CoolTool client purchases a survey, CoolTool’s client pays CoolTool for that survey as further described on the Site. CoolTool holds that payment until such time as the survey is complete. When the survery is complete, CoolTool releases the client’s funds to survey participants as further described on the Site and deducts a “service fee” to compensate CoolTool for creating, hosting, maintaining, and providing the Site. After deducting such amounts, CoolTool transfers the appropriate payment amount to the survey participants.
User ContentIn connection with User’s use of the Site and the Services, and without limiting any of User’s other obligations under this Agreement or applicable law, User:
- shall comply with: (i) these Terms, including CoolTool’s anti-spam policy (set forth below) and all other policies as published on the Site from time to time, (ii) all applicable U.S. Federal, state, local and international laws, including the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, and all other laws related to unsolicited commercial email messages, defamation, privacy, obscenity, intellectual property or child protective email address registries, (iii) all other rules or regulations applicable to User, including regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and similar regulatory authorities throughout the world, and the rules of any securities exchange, and (iv) all privacy policies or similar policies or procedures to which User may be bound that are related to User’s use of the Services
- shall not upload, post, email, distribute, communicate, transmit or otherwise make available any Content: (i) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, indecent, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, (ii) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property right of any party, (iii) that User does not have the right to make available by reason of any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship (including inside information, and proprietary or confidential information obtained or disclosed in connection with an employment relationship or pursuant to a confidentiality agreement), or (iv) that comprises or includes any “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, or any similar form of solicitation
- shall not use the Site or the Services to send surveys, polls, or other materials to minors unless User is permitted to do so under all applicable laws, or to harm minors in any way, and shall not send surveys, polls or other materials to minors that would subject CoolTool to the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act
- shall not impersonate any other person or entity, including CoolTool or a CoolTool official, employee, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent User’s affiliation with any other person or entity
- shall, if User uses the Services to send a survey, not mislead the recipients of that survey that User may have the ability to associate individual responses to that survey with the individual email addresses to which that survey was sent by stating that User has no such ability (unless User has requested CoolTool to disable such feature). CoolTool recommends that Users’ surveys include the following notice (or words to similar effect), if applicable: “Please be advised that your responses to this survey may not be treated as anonymous by the survey sender”
- shall not interfere with or disrupt the Site or the Services or servers or networks connected to the Site or the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site or the Services
- shall not engage in excessive usage of the Site or the Services, as determined by CoolTool in its sole discretion, including usage that adversely affects the speed, responsiveness, or functionality of the Site, or disrupts the availability of the Site and the Services for other users
- shall not attempt to damage, deny service to, hack, crack, reverse engineer, or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Site or the Services in any manner
- shall not upload, post, email, distribute, communicate, transmit or otherwise make available any viruses or similar malicious software that may damage the operation of a computer, the Site, or the Services
- shall not upload survey links to message boards or newsgroups that are not relevant to the subject matter of the survey, or that prohibit such uploading without CoolTool’s prior written consent
- shall not use the Site or the Services to collect, process, or otherwise handle, “Protected Health Information” (as defined in 45 C.F.R. § 160.103) without CoolTool’s prior written consent. User further acknowledges and agrees that CoolTool may cooperate with any governmental authority in connection with any investigation into User’s use of the Site or the Services, including use in contravention of applicable laws, and may disclose any Content, and any other information pertaining to the User or to User’s use of the Site or the Services, to such governmental authority in connection with any such investigation.
Anti-Spam PolicyCoolTool does not allow its clients to use CoolTool to send SPAM. CoolTool respects the choices of users on which emails they wish to receive. Email messages sent by CoolTool and in connection with CoolTool surveys contain an "unsubscribe" link that allows users to elect not to receive further such messages. In case of suspicion that CoolTool has been used by someone to send SPAM, users can contact us immediately at and we will investigate the matter.
Linked WebsitesCoolTool does not review or monitor any websites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any such linked websites. Your use of such linked websites is at your own risk. In addition, the existence of a link between the Site and another website shall not constitute the endorsement by CoolTool (or its parents, subsidiaries or affiliates) of the owner or proprietor of such linked website or of any products or services of such owner or proprietor, nor shall it constitute an endorsement by the owner or proprietor of such linked website of CoolTool, its parents, subsidiaries or affiliates.
Right to Modify the CoolTool ServiceCoolTool may from time to time, in its sole discretion, change some or all of the functionality or any component of the Site and/or the Service or make any modification for any purpose including but not limited to improving the performance, service quality, error correction or to maintain the competitiveness of the Site and/or the Services.
TerminationThis Agreement shall automatically become effective upon User’s first use of the Site or the Services and upon acceptance of this Agreement, and will continue until it is terminated. Customer may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to CoolTool. CoolTool reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account and use of the Site and/or Services, at any time, without notice, for any reason, at our sole discretion, including but not limited to the following:
- if any check drafts authorized under this Agreement are returned unpaid
- if you use the Site in connection with phishing attempts or schemes
- if you are involved in the sales and/or distribution of the following materials: Cable filters or Ponzi or Pyramid Schemes
- sale and/or distribution of any illegal materials
- breach of these Terms, including policies or guidelines set forth by CoolTool elsewhere
- conduct that CoolTool believes is harmful to other users of the Site and/or the Services or the business of CoolTool or other third party information providers (including slowing down the servers and affecting other users).
WARRANTY DISCLAIMERCUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT COOLTOOL DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT ANY TYPE OF PROFIT OR RESPONSE FROM THE COOLTOOL SITE AND/OR SERVICES. THE SITE AND ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND USER AGREES THAT IT USES THE SITE AND SERVICES AT ITS OWN RISK. USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT COOLTOOL AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND TO CUSTOMER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.COOLTOOL DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT:
COOLTOOL WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
- HE SITE AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE
- ALL DEFICIENCIES IN THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES CAN BE FOUND OR CORRECTED. FURTHER, THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES MAY BE INTERRUPTED OR UNAVAILABLE FOR THE PURPOSES OF PERFORMING MAINTENANCE OR UPGRADES.
- SERVICE IMPAIRMENTS CAUSED BY ACTS WITHIN THE CONTROL OF YOU OR ANY OTHER USER
- INOPERABILITY OF SPECIFIC CUSTOMER APPLICATIONS OR EQUIPMENT
- INABILITY OF CUSTOMER TO ACCESS OR INTERACT WITH ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER THROUGH THE INTERNET, OTHER NETWORKS OR USERS THAT COMPRISE THE INTERNET OR THE INFORMATIONAL OR COMPUTING RESOURCES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE INTERNET
- INTERACTION WITH OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS, NETWORKS, USERS OR INFORMATIONAL OR COMPUTING RESOURCES THROUGH THE INTERNET
- SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS
- PERFORMANCE IMPAIRMENTS CAUSED ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITYEXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COOLTOOL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF COOLTOOL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.COOLTOOL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION, THEFT, LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF ANY DATA, EQUIPMENT OR THE COOLTOOL SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THROUGH ACCIDENT, FRAUDULENT MEANS OR DEVICES, OR ANY OTHER METHOD.TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER COOLTOOL NOR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES, THE FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES FOR ANY REASON, OR THE USE OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
IndemnityYou agree to defend, indemnify and hold CoolTool harmless from and against any loss, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements, resulting from any claim, action, or demand resulting from your use of the Services. You also agree to indemnify CoolTool for any loss, damages, or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements, resulting from your use of software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or load on Company’s infrastructure.
Intellectual Property RightsThe Site and the Services and all information and screens appearing on this Site, including documents, services, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole property of CoolTool, its affiliates, or its third party licensors. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of CoolTool. CoolTool reserves all rights in the Site and the Services that are not expressly granted.CoolTool is a trademark of CoolTool. Other trademarks, names, and logos on this Site are the property of their respective owners. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to assign or transfer to User any rights to any such intellectual property. User further acknowledges and agrees that CoolTool materials and other content made available to User through the Services may be subject to the intellectual property rights of third parties.
Copyright InfringementIf you are the owner of any copyrighted work and believe your rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed by any material on the Site, you may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) by sending CoolTool’s authorized agent a notification of claimed infringement that satisfies the requirements of the DMCA. Upon CoolTool’s receipt of a satisfactory notice of claimed infringement, CoolTool will respond expeditiously either directly or indirectly (i) to remove the allegedly infringing work(s) accessible through the Site or (ii) to disable access to the work(s). It is CoolTool’s policy in accordance with the DMCA and other applicable laws to reserve the right to terminate access to the Site (or any part of thereof) for any user who is either found to infringe third party copyright or other intellectual property rights, including repeat infringers, or who CoolTool, in its sole discretion, believes is infringing these rights. CoolTool may terminate access to the Site or Services at any time with or without notice for any affected User. If the affected user believes in good faith that the allegedly infringing works have been removed or blocked by mistake or misidentification, then that user may send a counter notification to CoolTool. Upon CoolTool’s receipt of a counter notification that satisfies the requirements of DMCA, CoolTool will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of claimed infringement and will follow the DMCA’s procedures with respect to a received counter notification. In all events, you expressly agree that CoolTool will not be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement.To File a Notification:A written notification must be made. This can be done either by fax or written letter (regular mail or courier). Emails will not be accepted unless a prior arrangement has been made. The notification must:
Please note: The DMCA provides that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you falsely claim that an in-world item is infringing your copyrights. We recommend contacting an attorney if you are unsure whether an in-world object is protected by copyright laws.Send the written document to the designated Copyright Agent at CoolTool:CoolTool Inc.
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (i.e., describe the work that you own)
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing on your copyright, and provide information reasonably sufficient to locate such material
- Provide a reasonably sufficient method of contacting you; phone number and email address would be preferred
- Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit us to notify the user(s) who posted the content that allegedly contains infringing material. You may also provide screenshots or other materials that are helpful to identify the works in question. (This is for identification only, not to “prove” substantive claims.)
- Include the following statement: “I have good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted materials described above and contained on the service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by protection of law.”
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign the notice.
Attn: Designated Copyright Agent
1390 Market Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94102Alternatively, fax the document to 415-954-8598. On the cover sheet, please write ATTN: DMCA NOTIFICATIONTo file a counter-notification:
Send the written document to the designated Copyright Agent at CoolTool:CoolTool Inc.
- List the items that were removed by us, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed. Please identify the materials in sufficient detail, and when possible, provide the URL
- Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address (if available)
- State that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which you reside (or San Francisco, California if your address is outside of the United States)
- State that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification to us of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person
- State the following: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- Sign the counter-notice.
Attn: Designated Copyright Agent
1390 Market Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94102Alternatively, fax the document to 415-835-9433. On the cover sheet, please write ATTN: DMCA COUNTER-NOTIFICATION
Some parts of the Service are billed on a subscription basis ("Subscription(s)"). You will be billed in advance on a recurring and periodic basis ("Billing Cycle"). Billing cycles are set on an annual basis.
At the end of each Billing Cycle, your Subscription may automatically renew under the exact same conditions unless you cancel it or CoolTool Inc. cancels it. You may cancel your Subscription renewal through your online account management page.
A valid payment method, including credit card or PayPal, is required to process the payment for your balance to be able to use your Subscription. You shall provide CoolTool Inc. with accurate and complete billing information including full name, address, state, zip code, telephone number, and a valid payment method information. By submitting such payment information, you automatically authorize CoolTool Inc. to charge confirmed amount from your credit card or PayPal through our payment gateway provider.
Should automatic billing fail to occur for any reason, CoolTool Inc. will issue an electronic invoice indicating that you must proceed manually, within a certain deadline date, with the full payment corresponding to the billing amount as indicated on the invoice.
You will be solely responsible for paying all local charges together with all applicable taxes associated with payments or balance top.