Implicit Tests Online
Uncover consumers' true attitude (on a subconscious level) to the brand, adverts, and product
Uncover true thoughts hidden in the subconscious
Our mind consists of two systems of thinking - System 1 (subconscious thinking) and System 2 (conscious thinking). System 1 is responsible for quick, unconscious reactions, and System 2 - for explicit responses, controlled reactions that require more time and mental effort. People make most of the everyday decisions on autopilot, driven by unconscious urges, the biggest of which is emotion. They often don't know what they feel because it's hidden in their subconscious. That's why what people really think or feel often contradicts what they say. By complementing explicit responses with implicit reaction measurements you can uncover true consumers' attitudes they could hide unconsciously.
Implicit Priming Test (IPT) is a measure designed to detect the implicit connection between objects and attributes and the strength of this connection. It is based on the speed of the response to the external stimulus affected by priming (can be visual, semantic).
IPT is built strictly on below conscious processes of System 1, excluding explicit response. IPT is aimed to detect the presence and depth of an emotional connection between a brand/product, and a certain attribute (statement) in consumers’ mind. You can get deep insights in the following directions:
- Ad performance. Uncover how the advert influences on brand perception on an implicit level
- Brand performance. Uncover how brand perceived on an implicit level, measure consumers’ attitude to the brand elements (name, logo, color), understand which characteristics are associated with the brand
- Product performance. Uncover the implicit impact of the product on brand perception and price perception
Reaction Time Test (RTT) shows how quickly people process the information and react based on subjective assessment (without priming effect).
RTT is used to find out which image attributes or CEPs (Category Entry Points) correspond to brands or categories and how much the user relies on an implicit system while evaluating, solving “selecting” problems, recognizing brands, etc. You can get deep insights in the following directions:
- Ad performance. Explore possible weak or wrong messages in advertising, open the new directions to move in brand communication.
- Brand performance. Identify how colors, fonts, and design of packaging influence the attractiveness of the brand, define associations connected with a brand, idea, product, person on an implicit level to use them for building further communication.
- Product performance. Discover the category entry point and category fit of your product, implicit impact of the product on price perception, determine the strategy of diversification.
- Easy to set up
- Online, conducted remotely
- Fully automated
- Integrated with survey
- Integrated with neuro-tools
- Quick results
The results of IPT are based on the reaction time analysis. We unconsciously agree with something, we react very quickly, without thinking much. If something contradicts our perception of things, we need more time to react to the external stimuli. By comparing the reaction time with the combination of objects and their attributes, one can conclude which characteristic (beautiful, stylish, desirable, very expensive, useless, etc.) is associated more with Object A or Object B.
Introduction to IPT
What is Implicit Priming Test?
What is the difference between Implicit Priming Test and traditional IAT?
When to use Implicit Priming Test?
What can you test using Implicit Priming Test method?
- photos of politicians, names of political parties, celebrities, TV presenters, actors;
- brands’ names, logos, symbols, color patterns;
- products’ names, packaging;
- even the international image of a country, etc.
How it works
How does Implicit Priming Test work?
How will respondents understand the rules of the Implicit Priming Test?
How is the Implicit Priming Test data processed and analyzed?
Should I use Implicit Priming Test only as a part of a survey or separately as well?
How many credits are charged for one Implicit Priming Test?
Numbers of respondents * numbers of Implicit Priming Test questions.
Results & Reporting
What results Implicit Priming test gives you
- find out hidden preferences
- confirmed or disproved stereotypes
- define the strength of associations between objects
- find out if attitude to the object is positive or negative
- define who or what is real "people choice"